- Hand Sanitiser: I swear I'm not one of those crazy germaphobes, but there is just something about planes that mean my hands never quite feel clean.
- Water: Hydration, hydration, hydration. Sure you'll have to buy a new bottle every time you clear security. And sure, you can call the steward every half hour for a new cup of H2O. But I find that having my own personal supply of agua while on a plane makes me more inclined (or at least, it's easier to force myself) to drink up. Staying properly hydrated is the single best piece of advice I can give you for feeling half-decent after a long haul flight.
- Chargers: Depending on the last time you flew, you might be surprised to find that many carriers now provide outlets to charge your devices. With the new, tougher rules surrounding electronics, making sure I have a backup should I play too much Candy Crush mid-flight is pretty important.
- Warm Socks: There is nothing worse than trying to fall asleep in an already uncomfortable position, with the lady next to you snoring away, to find that your feet are as cold as ice (reality check: planes will be both too hot and too cold almost simultaneously throughout your flight, I swear some gremlin sits on the thermostat). My fluffy, rainbow stripped bed socks have come to my rescue every single time - and leave me looking pretty fashionable along the way.
- Make-up Wipes: Not to remove make-up (I strongly recommend you fly au natural) but simply to freshen up your tired face (guys, this applies to you too). A quick refresh with one of these is another fantastic way to feel just that little bit less disgusting when you disembark.
Okay, so this is a pretty boring list....but it works. Trust me.